The simple things we have are the things of truest beauty.

April 28, 2011

Domestic Newsflash


A wedding is coming up very quick!  Excitement is mounting.  Busy-ness is like a rushing creek in rainy season.

Monday we took our last boat trip on the Cumberland as a family of all single kids.  The water was much too cold to swim in, though the sun was plenty warm.  86 Falls fell and fell into the lake, creating a damp misty place against the rocky banks where snakes cooled their curled black bodies.  Yuck!  We saw two or three.

The poor Count of Monte Cristo has been stuck in motion in my drawer for several days.  I really want to get him out and let him finish his revenge.  I know he’s exasperated with all this waiting.  Perhaps today I can sneak in an hour of reading.

Yesterday I helped make lasagna for the first time.  I’ve never served that dish in our kitchen because pasta is not so popular with every Sampley and I like to spoil my eaters. However, I will have to remember how easy a meal it was to make for the future.

God has been teaching me something wonderful to know: to trust in Him with all my heart, leaning not on my own understanding, but in all my ways acknowledging Him Who will direct my path!  Perhaps change is one of the hardest things for a family to experience, especially in a happy home. But God shows that He saves the best golden things for a special grand finale, just like resurrection.  ‘Whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he!’                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment