The simple things we have are the things of truest beauty.

April 21, 2011

Domestic Newsflash


Glad to be writing a newsflash again, especially when the dogwood blossoms and dandelions have inspired some fresh and sunny thoughts- also as God draws our hearts a little closer to Himself.

I’m learning a new side of writing, (namely, script-writing) and trying to help in pre-production as much as I can. Today I took about 30 pictures of a park while location scouting. Also, Mom and I compared notes and lists (while looking at summer haircuts on the side) until we positively couldn’t any longer.
Yes, after much deliberation, I decided on a haircut that should suit for heat and the movie.

The great rains have drowned our pond again. Reed, very proud of his big Ecuadorian rubber boots, ventures onto it about every other day. Yesterday he found a German flag and borrowed a Mexican one from Amity’s collection. He tied them onto sticks and mounted them on a stump overlooking the muddy waters. Then he persuaded me to help parade the flags down the driveway. Germany and Mexico were on excellent terms for the day!

Fresh wheat bread was presented in the kitchen the other day after a long and sorrowful absence. Unfortunately, many ladies of the house decided to diet-out bread and the cook was too discouraged to bake a single loaf for a while. However, roast just begs for buttery bread, so I finally took heart and pulled out the recipe.

Dogwood blossoms have always fascinated me. I can remember Dad explaining to me that the white petals make a cross on which red-stained edges symbolize Christ’s shed blood. The Calvary scene is made complete by a ‘crown on thorns’ in the center.
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment