The simple things we have are the things of truest beauty.

April 12, 2011

A Bitsy of Poetry



On a misty morn,
On the Earth the trees were born
As a sunshine light rain poured,
Up and tall they grew.
Everything was new,
Rainbows in a sky of blue,
Summer-scented breezes flew
Through the budding limbs.

God said and it was so,
And He saw that it was good.
Thus the Heavens and the Earth were made
And the blessed generations were begun.

Dewy, grassy hills,
Deer that listen standing still,
Velvet fawns that drink their fill
At a mountain stream.
Finches join the theme,
Singing to an owl that dreams
In a golden beam
Of a young sunrise.

Mountains tower high,
High above them eagles fly
Freely piercing they cry
Echoing the land.
Noble horses ran
Pawing at the unswept sand,
Past the swinging palms that stand
By the shimmer tide.

Maiden flowers wave
In a dancing wind God gave,
Drifting from a wooded have’
Whence a brook ran through.
Minnows dart from view.
Life is living under you.
God creates us all anew-
New life from the grave.

5 comments:

  1. ah! you left out the flower eating bear cub! :D I like this poem. I like where it goes. And the finches... they're so small, but they're just as exciting in the grandeur of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D
    Nature is so inspiring, isn't it? especially in Spring-time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Spring is my favorite. And I don't know why they made my comment anonymous. I'm obviously not as tech-savvy as you or candle... *signed* Clayton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is loverly, but I think Autumn is my very favoritist! :)
    I figured 'Anonymous' meant 'Clayton;' I think it was the flower-eating bear cub that gave it away!

    ReplyDelete