The simple things we have are the things of truest beauty.

March 14, 2011

Domestic Newsflash


 Quite cheerfully, I am sitting on my very own couch that I acquired for the girls’ bedroom. It smells new, like an IKEA store. I’m so happy to be writing for this blog I am wiggling my toes and feet, wide-awake at 3 am! 
I have had an adventure over the weekend: visiting friends in every spectrum of the beautiful body of Christ, and finding that each is special. When Christians get together and talk (not argue) about their faith (not controversial differences,) it ‘builds each other up’ and brings encouragement to everyone who listens.
The effect of our words is powerful. Our words generate incredible influence. Think for a moment of how someone has inspired you by their words, or discouraged you, or even hurt you.
Thursday, five from our home are going to Ecuador for three weeks to speak at conferences, churches, and schools. They will be preaching, singing, and premiering Dad the Hero in Spanish. Meanwhile, we at home will be writing and re-writing the new Dad the Hero script. Please pray that all this will be blessed and effective to God’s glory!

These spring rains have flooded our pond. We did not think this could happen when the boys built a bridge over it, that is why they did not secure the ends of the bridge to the ground. So now, the ends have floated up, making a banana-shaped bridge mostly submerged. Reed and I just had to put on our rubber boots and venture across!
I have begun to help out in the indoor office of a friend, answering phones and trying to be useful. The third day my bones longed to do something active, and practicing the five successive steps of ballet was not cutting it.
When it was time to go home, I was such an energetic driver, I almost bounced out of the car! Half way down our driveway, I saw the newborn calf above. It lay perfectly content while I rubbed it’s head and shoulders. Doesn’t it look sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment