The simple things we have are the things of truest beauty.

February 24, 2011

Domestic Newsflash

Under the meditative light of my green-hued banker’s lamp, I’m wondering a question that present itself occasionally to my mind. Where is joy for the soul?
I am a lucky inquirer, however, for I am already privy to the special answer: a grateful heart is a happy heart. And a happy heart is a healthy heart!
Our hearts have been healthy, but not so fortunate have been our bodies. Sickness swept through our house; hopefully it’s gone now.
My domestic world is busily spinning on its axis of effort and energy. Dad and the boys build, Mom teaches, Candle writes, Amity composes, Cori plans, and Reed learns.
I keep everyone fed (and consequently happy  :) .)
Yesterday, Cori and I had fourteen errands to run in town. It took us all afternoon. A few hours may have been occupied in the dressing room- I tried on six dresses to wear at Levi’s graduation. I bought one, actually, but am going to return it. Apparently, most of the ladies in this house have a stunning outfit prepared.
We had a coconut cake from scratch the other day, which is a favorite from very long ago. It was very much enjoyed over a John Wayne!
And Reed was acting electrocuted from crossing a cow fence the other day when he and I walked across the fields to the creek to wade and look at cane break.


At page 500, the Comte Count of Monte Cristo is host to Albert (the son of his arch enemy) and his friend Franz at a carnival in Rome. The carnival was held around Lent, it seems, and celebrated both life and death in a semi-catholic and pagan festival of food and masquerade for seven days. Albert has just been kidnapped by a notorious bandit, and the Count has gone to rescue him.

Plans for a part-time, half-family mission trip to Ecuador very soon are being finalized. Please keep the mission work, travel, and safety of the gospel crew in your upcoming prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment