The simple things we have are the things of truest beauty.

January 19, 2012

A Water Poem



Blessed are those who thirst.

My wretched throat is dry.
It makes my head feel stuffy.
Water is all I think about.

I saw a pool of water in a tropical mountain, once.
Banana trees flourished around it.
Toucan birds flew over the shiny surface.
Funny fishes lived in the water.

Blessed are those who thirst.

My head aches with dehydration.
My body is hot without moisture.
Water is driving me crazy.

I saw a dancing fountain in a city park, once.
People jogged their dogs around it.
I watched it leap joyously toward the sky.
Copper presidents lived in the water.

Blessed are those who thirst.

I am so thirsty.
Everywhere I look I see what I crave.
It is available.

I will drink deep and long.I will drink water continually,
even when I don't think I need it because if I drink all the time,
I will never be thirsty again.

2 comments:

  1. This is really great! Very much enjoyed reading it. And now...I need to go get a drink of water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D thanks, Sage- I think you're my biggest fan. You're a blessing.

    ReplyDelete