The simple things we have are the things of truest beauty.

September 6, 2011

Domestic Newsflash

The other morning, I joined Candle, cup-of-coffee-in-hand, on the front porch to watch Levi outwit a unicycle.
Saturday I laughed with a friend over a spindly tomato plant in an undersized pot, bowed with the weight of two green tomatoes it has just now produced.
While you were in church, I was giving my mamaw a medicine shot, and enjoying the rare moment of beating my papaw at Chinese checkers.
Yesterday, I sat on Barnes & Nobles carpet looking through interior design books and sharing Candle’s marble mocha. Every once in a while, she read me a line from her thriller, and I showed her a bohemian lamp or rug.

There is so much to learn about life, and people and places and things and decorating. It seems impossible that we were all once babies without comprehension. Look at us now- how we have grown and learned!

I get overwhelmed when I think of all there is to learn about God and where He lives and works, what He thinks and makes, how He loves and creates, when He moves and reveals, etc. etc. etc.
I have small comprehension of these things, like a child. But Jesus is a teacher, and He gives sufficient grace for all that I need.
Wonder is packed small enough to fit into a single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment