The simple things we have are the things of truest beauty.

October 1, 2011

What the Lord Sayeth by George MacDonald

Trust my father, saith the eldest-born;
I did trust him ere the earth began;
not to know him is to be forlorn;
not to love him is- not to be man.

He that knows him loves him altogether;
with my father I am so content
that through all this dreary human weather
I am working, waiting, confident.

He is with me; I am not alone;
life is bliss, because I am his child;
down in Hades will I lay the stone
whence shall rise to Heaven his city piled.

Heaken, brothers, pray you, to my story!
hear me, sister; hearken, child, to me;
our one father is a perfect glory;
he is light, and there is none but he.

Come then with me; I will lead the way;
all of you, sore-hearted, heavy-shod,
come to father, yours and mine, I pray;
little ones, I pray you, come to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment